Monday, July 8, 2013

The Final Countdown

Ain't nothing says it better than this! I'm freaking out, just a little, because I'm going to be set apart as a full time missionary...tomorrow. Crazy, huh? Where has the time gone?

But anyway, my farewell last week was a huge success. People laughed at my joke, and what more can you really ask for when speaking in church? I learned a lot by preparing my talk, so I'm thankful for the opportunity. I also got to play my violin with Peyton one last time, which was really great. And so many people came to support me, it was overwhelming. To everyone who made it, as well as everyone who was there in spirit, a HUGE THANK YOU! I couldn't do this without friends and family like all of you.

I've been blessed with the opportunity to attend two family reunions this week, one for my mom's side and one for my dad's side, so I've been able to talk to most of my extended family members and spend time with them. I'm going to miss these giant family gatherings while I'm gone, but it's good to know that all these people will be thinking of me and praying for me. My family members are great examples to me of faith, love, and hard work and I love them all.

And now, for the moment you've all been waiting for, I've finally received my MTC address! Since I know all of you are dying to write me letters while I'm still in the country and it's cheap, you can address them to:

Sister Delaney Shay Smith
AUG20 SWE-STO
2007 N 900 E Unit 71
Provo, UT 84602

There's some debate about whether the "Unit 71" part means I'll be in the original MTC or in Wyview or Raintree. It definitely means one or the other, I just don't know which. I'll let you know as soon as I have the chance. I'll be there until August 20th, when I fly out to Sweden! You can send mail for free while I'm in the MTC using dearelder.com, but after that it's not a pouch mission or anything so you'll just have to pay the $1.10 if you want to send me a letter in Sweden. (I'll appreciate it greatly if you do!)

This is probably my last post, but my parents are going to post my emails up on here so you can all stay up to date. Wish me luck! I'm excited! The church is true!

-Delaney