Thursday, February 28, 2013

SWEDEN!

Hej, hälsningen!

That is the extent of my Swedish ability at the moment. (But don't worry, there's an app for that.) It's already Facebook official, which is what really matters in our society nowadays, but figured I still ought to update this Blog. I have been called to the Sweden Stockholm Mission! As far as I can tell it's the only mission in Sweden and covers the entire country. I report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, July tenth. So I've still got a while. There's actually a countdown for me on the Missionary Website: I report in 132 days. Is that weird or what?

Naturally I pored over the packet I received along with my call last night, and when I was done my thoughts went something along the lines of "This can't possibly be all the information they want me to know!" One of the worrisome parts of the packet was about cold weather clothing-buy it in the field so it will be warm enough. How cold does it get in Sweden anyway? No need to fear though, it's currently one degree warmer there than it is here, and it's midnight there! They're eight hours ahead of us so it's already tomorrow!

But anyway, I'm so excited! I've had so many people tell me I look Swedish, which has never happened before yesterday... I'm also excited to learn Swedish! In fact, it's really hard to motivate myself to study for my Chinese midterm coming up, because it's not Swedish! Maybe I'll meet someone in Sweden who speaks Chinese and my skills will come in handy there. That would be so cool!

Hej då!